(1) When a contractor submits a properly prepared request for payment of work completed on state construction projects and the request for payment conforms with the provisions of the contract award and laws of the State of Arkansas, the following maximum time is allowed for the processing of the payment requests by the various parties involved, excluding time required for transmittal from one (1) party to another:
(A) A design professional – five (5) working days;
(B) A state agency or institution of higher education exempt from review and approval by the Arkansas Building Authority – five (5) working days, including preparation of a voucher and submission for payment; and
(C) The Department of Finance and Administration – five (5) working days.
(2) Should payment be contested by any of the parties listed in this subsection, it shall be the responsibility of the parties contesting the payment, within the time specified for processing payment, to notify the contractor involved that payment has been contested and reasons therefor.
(3) Should any of the parties listed in this subsection fail to properly process uncontested requests for payments within the time limits specified following date of receipt, a penalty of eight percent (8%) per annum of the amount of the request for payment shall be assessed against the parties responsible for the delay.
(1) The Chief Fiscal Officer of the State shall establish procedures for monitoring payments to contractors. When it has been determined that payment processing has exceeded the time limits established in this section, the Chief Fiscal Officer of the State shall cause an investigation to be made for the purpose of determining the responsible parties and the amount of penalty to be paid.
(2) Penalties assessed for failure to comply with the provisions in this section shall be paid to the contractor by the parties responsible in accordance with procedures established by the Chief Fiscal Officer of the State.