Welcome to our community of thousands of contractors and suppliers making construction payment fast, easy, and friendly.
We have recurring payment classes that give you a deep dive into your account and how to apply best practices for getting paid quickly and ensuring smooth jobs. Sign up for a webinar or view recorded ones.
Below are tutorials you can use to quickly get set up in your account.
Set Up Your Account
Setting up your account should just take a few minutes. Start by adding your company info, lines of business, and then some recent jobs so you can start tracking deadlines, sending documents, and managing all your jobs in one place. We recommend starting with the 5 things you need to do to set up your account.
Setting Up Your Account FAQs & Resources
Tutorial: Postage and Mailing Fees
Track Your Deadlines
Keeping track of what is legally required of you on a construction project is a real headache because it changes depending on the state, project type, and who you were hired by. Then, keeping track of when the different documents are due is another added layer of confusion! Luckily, you have Levelset to do all that for you so that you can be sure your jobs are protected and your payments are prompt.
Let Levelset walk you through each step of a job with Project Milestones. Find out what is required of you based on the job details and state you're working in while also seeing optional documents that are helpful in prompting and speeding up payment.
Adding and updating dates to your jobs is very important! It helps us calculate your deadlines so you're sending the right document at the right time.
How to Send a Document
Once you have your dates and know your deadlines, sending a document is easy!
FAQs & Resources
Tutorial: How to Track and/or Cancel a Document
Send & Request Waivers
Waivers are used in the construction world as a receipt of payment. There are lots of different kinds so it's important to know which one you need for what scenario. Learn more about them in the "Document Resources" section of this walkthrough.
Send a Waiver
Sending a waiver tells your customer you're ready to get paid and waive your lien rights. Usually, it's a good way to prompt quick payment! Here's how to do it from your Levelset account:
Request a Waiver
You can also request waivers through Levelset to protect yourself against liens. Here's how:
FAQs & Resources
How to Order an Escalation Document
Having trouble getting paid on a job? Escalation Documents like Notices of Intent or Notices to Owner might help you prompt payment.
How to Order a Last Resort Document
Tired of waiting to get paid? Generally, the just sending/filing a Mechanics Lien is powerful enough to prompt your payment. But in the case where you still do not receive payment, the absolute final step means enforcing the lien (AKA initiating a foreclosure lawsuit) by bringing them to court. Now that is very rare, but, to be safe, it’s important to keep tabs on your lien enforcement deadline as well because if you don’t initiate the foreclosure lawsuit by this deadline, the lien will expire.
How to Add Your Invoices
Adding your invoices into Levelset is crucial for ensuring your documents go out at the right time for the right amount (especially if you do work in Texas). Here's how you can easily keep track of your AR and AP:
How to Set up an Integration
Levelset integrates with several other tools you use to get paid and organize jobs. Integrations help you get things done faster!
Quickbooks FAQs & Resources
- Tutorial: How To Sync Your Quickbooks Online Account with Levelset
- Tutorial: How to Sync Your Quickbooks Desktop Account with Levelset
- Resource: QuickBooks Desktop Field Mapping
- Webinar: Learn more about QuickBooks Online
Other Integration FAQs & Resources
- Tutorial: How to Set Up Redteam Integration
- Tutorial: How to Set Up Procore Integration
- Tutorial: Procore One Pager
How to Import your Jobs & Other Data
Using a data import can make getting jobs into your account simple and easy. Learn how to use them here.
How to Set Up Your "Queue"
If you’ve setup Document Rules in Levelset, you’re on the path towards simplifying and automating your document ordering process. Your documents now pull into one area of your account – the Queue – where you can approve, snooze, or cancel them as needed.
Queue FAQs & Resources
- Tutorial: How to Use the Queue to Send Documents
Scout Research Settings
Scout Research helps you see everyone on your jobs to make payment fast and easy.
Scout helps you minimize risk on all fronts and get accurate information on your jobs so you can get your documents to the right people to set expectations from the start and avoid bad outcomes like liens. Scout finds:
- Property owner, GC, and surety information
- Legal property description
- Project type
There are three levels of Scout Research:
- Level 1: Standard Scout fills in missing property information using the most comprehensive database of construction jobs in the United States.
- Level 2: Pro A Scout Pro personally investigates your job using other advanced and exclusive sources of information to complete property information with over 98% accuracy.
- Level 3: Ultimate A Scout Pro will do everything possible via calls and emails to get in touch with people on your job and pin down hard to-find information not available online such as GC and surety details.
Scout FAQs & Resources
- Tutorial: How to Resolve Scout Alerts
- Tutorial: How to Set Your Scout Research Settings
- Tutorial: How to Set Scout Research Preferences
- Blog: What to Do if you Lack a Jobsite Address
- Download: Scout Process Overview
- Download: What is Scout?
Getting the right documents to the right people at the right time on all your jobs is complicated and timeconsuming. Doc Rules gives you full control to cover all of your company’s needs in less time. Create custom rules to prioritize tasks, send documents automatically to meet all your deadlines, and remove busywork.
Document Rules allow you to stay in control while saving time as Doc Rules runs in the background. There are three levels of processing:
- Hands-Off: Documents are automatically prepared and sent based on your preferences.
- Low-Touch: Your Queue will make suggestions and fulfill documents based on your preferences but you can approve, snooze, or dismiss before a document is sent.
- Hands-On: You receive suggestions and handle documents on a case-by-case basis.
Document Rules FAQs & Resources
Looking for a construction lawyer for your California construction business? Whether it’s a payment issue or you’ve been accused of...
Because of this, Levelset’s customers and users frequently find themselves in a situation where they have to explain the importance...