Alabama Claim of Lien Form

Download your
Claim of Lien Form

About Alabama Claim of Lien Form

In Alabama, a mechanics lien is called a Statement of Lien and it may be filed by any party who has not been paid for construction work on a project. This document is used to help contractors, suppliers, and others that work in the construction industry to get paid the money they’ve earned on their projects in Alabama.

There are two types of Alabama Mechanics Liens: the “Unpaid Balance Lien” and the “Full Price Lien.” This form may be used to file both types of liens.

An Unpaid Balance Lien is available to parties without a contract with the owner and is only effective to money in the hands of the owner at the time the Notice of Unpaid Lien is delivered to them.

A Full Price Lien is a lien in favor of general contractors or others in direct contact with the owner, or materialmen who gives a Notice to Owner prior to furnishing materials to the project.

Pro tip: Anyone who did not contract with the owner must deliver a Notice of Unpaid Lien to the property owner before filing a lien.

Fill out the form on the right to download your Alabama mechanics lien form. Use this form to easily that you can use to file a lien with an Alabama county recording office.

Alabama Claim of Lien Form

Need to file a Alabama Claim of Lien Form?

We’re the Mechanics Lien experts. With us it’s fast, easy, affordable, and done right!
mechanics lien county recorder e-filing.

FAQs about Alabama Claim of Lien Form

Recent Questions & Answers About Alabama Mechanics Lien
What do I need next after my documents were sent to get recorded ?

I filed a mechanic Lien and the document was sent to be recorded what do I do next ?

How to start a lien filing process

I have a client that owes 30,000 for electrical services and I am having a hard time collecting

Contractor Termination and Homeowner paid him

I am a homeowner and have a potential mechanical lien coming my way. We have terminated our GC and he has told his subs he...

As a supplier to a sub-sub contractor in Alabama do I have lien rights?

Supplier has not been paid.

Can a painter sue and place a lien on my house for the balance owed when they were fired before finishing the job?

We hired a painter to paint several areas of our property (a 20x20 shop, the kitchen ceiling, all internal and external doors, an entire bedroom,...

What are the pay when paid rules in the USVI?

I have a contract with a pay when paid clause in the USVI, but do not want to miss my claim deadline. Would the pay...

Ask an Expert for Free