Massachusetts Bond Claim Form

Download your
Bond Claim Form

About Massachusetts Bond Claim Form

This Massachusetts bond claim form should be filed when a party is unpaid on a public construction project. Mechanics liens are not available on state, county, or municipal projects, so bond claims are the appropriate remedy. This specific form is for bond claimants in Massachusetts and must be sent to the general contractor. However, it’s also a good idea to send a copy to the surety and the public entity awarding the project.

Subcontractors, material suppliers, and equipment lessors must file their claim against the payment bond within 65 days of the last date they furnished labor and/or materials to the project. Filing a bond claim is an effective way to secure payment.

Complete the form on the right to download your free Massachusetts Bond Claim template that can be filled out with a PDF editor or by hand after printing. Use this template to easily file a bond claim on a public construction project in the state of Massachusetts.


Skip the hassle of sending a Massachusetts Bond Claim Form yourself.

We’re the Bond Claim experts. With us it’s fast, easy, affordable, and done right!
Mechanics lien county recorder e-filing

Massachusetts County Recorders

Looking to file/record a mechanics lien in Massachusetts? You'll need to get your Massachusetts mechanics lien filed and recorded with the county recorder in the county where the construction project is located. Here is a listing of all county recorders in Massachusetts. Click on any county to find more information about how to get your lien recorded in that county.

Barnstable Registry of Deeds
John F. Meade, Register
Barnstable, Massachusetts, 2630
phone: 508-362-7733
fax: 508-362-5065

Southern Berkshire District Registry of Deeds
334 Main St, Ste 2
Great Barrington, Massachusetts, 01230-1894
phone: 413-528-0146
fax: 413-528-6878

Registry of Deeds
11 Court St
Taunton,, Massachusetts, 2780
phone: 508-822-0502

Dukes County Registry of Deeds
81 Main St
Edgartown, Massachusetts, 2539
phone: (508) 627-4025

Southern Essex District - Registry of Deeds
Shetland Park - 45 Congress St, Suite 4100
Salem, MA, Massachusetts, 1970
phone: 978-542-1700

Franklin District Registry of Deeds
425 Main Street, PO Box 1495
Greenfield, Massachusetts, 01302-1495
phone: 413-772-0239
fax: 413-774-7150

Hampden Registry of Deeds
50 State Street
Springfield, Massachusetts, 1103
phone: 413-755-1722
fax: 413-731-8190

Registry of Deeds
208 Cambridge Street
Cambridge, Massachusetts, 2141
phone: (617) 679-6310

Registry of Deeds
16 Broad Street
Nantucket, Massachusetts, 2554
phone: 508-228-7250

Norfolk County Registry of Deeds
649 High Street
Dedham, Massachusetts, 2026
phone: 781-461-6101
fax: 781-326-4246

Plymouth Registry of Deeds
50 Obery Street
Plymouth, Massachusetts, 2360
phone: 508-830-9200

Suffolk Registry of Deeds
24 New Chardon Street
Boston, Massachusetts, 2114
phone: 617 788-6250

Worcester District Registry of Deeds
90 Front Street
Worcester, Massachusetts, 1608
phone: (508) 798-7717

Want to Learn More about How Massachusetts Contractors Pay?
Core & Main
Rating 5.0
Rating 5.0
Hanover Company
Rating 5.0
Rating 5.0
See other Lists of Contractors and How to Best Work With Them

FAQs about Massachusetts Bond Claim Form

Recent Questions & Answers About Massachusetts Bond Claim
Can a design professional obtain payment using a bond claim?

Can a design professional working for a contractor on a design build project file a bond claim if it has not been paid?

Bonding and suggestions for receivables

I am on a private job in ma for subcontract work that I was not paid for 220k of work completed. The total project worth is 20M. I was informed there is no bonding on the job. This is NOT public or state work. One would think that the laws would require the construction company to have bonding...

Can I file a bond claim if the subcontractor ignores my mechanics lien? Little Miller Act

Sirs : With the Aid of your firm I placed a lein for $19, 332 on a Sub contractor working under a large GC for a Large State Of Mass Project( Massport) after 6 months on discussions back and forth _ the Sub makes not attempt to pay the debt left behind. I have a Copy of the Bonding company that...

I have General Contractor that has not made final payment on a public project in Massachusetts after we agreed to the final disbursement amount. The time frame has been over 90 days. How do I proceed with collecting my final payment of $ 2,800 ?

My company is a material supplier. There was a disagreement over the intent of the drawings, approved submittals, and the job site conditions had changed. They expected our firm to make field modifications to the door frames at no additional cost. We had an approved submittal stating what size the...

Ask an expert for free

Construction attorneys: Courtney Stricklen, Christopher Ng, Andrea Goldman, and Peter Ryan