Lien waivers are among the most common payment documents used in construction — but they are also among the most dangerous. Without a solid understanding of your company’s legal rights, and what you stand to lose when signing a waiver, you will always be at the mercy of the parties above you on a project.
In Lien Waiver Fundamentals, our text and video lessons will guide you through the process in simple, easy-to-understand steps that ensure you avoid the most common — and costly — mistakes.
In this 10-lesson course, you will learn:
- Why lien waivers exist
- The four different types of lien waivers
- Details you need to review to ensure your company’s interests are protected
- How to identify when it’s safe to sign a waiver
- How certain states have made the waiver process fairer
- Tips & best practices for collecting waivers from sub-tier parties
- The biggest mistakes that companies make when dealing with waivers (and how to avoid them)
Upon completion of the final examination, you will receive a Certificate of Completion with your name & date.