Massachusetts Notice of Substantial Completion Form

Download your
Notice of Substantial Completion Form

About Massachusetts Notice of Substantial Completion Form

The Massachusetts Notice of Substantial Completion is generally recorded at the completion of work on a construction project. The notice, once filed, must be served on all parties who filed a Notice of Contract by the owner, and served on all parties who served a Notice of Identification by the contractor, prior to filing the notice.

This document is typically filed by the property owner and the prime contractor to signify the completion of the project. The effect of a properly recorded Notice of Substantial Completion is to set the time in which claimants may file a Massachusetts Statement of Account. The deadline to file a claim is the earliest of either; (a) 90 days after the recording of the Notice of Substantial Completion, (b) 120 days after the recording of a Notice of Termination, or (c) 120 days after the last date of furnishing labor and/or materials to the project.

Complete the form above to download your free Massachusetts Notice of Substantial Completion form that can be filled out with a PDF editor or by hand after printing.

→ Statute: Mass. Gen. Laws. ch. 254 §2A

Massachusetts Notice of Substantial Completion Form

Skip the hassle of sending a Massachusetts Notice of Completion yourself.

We’re the Notice of Completion experts. With us it’s fast, easy, affordable, and done right!
mechanics lien county recorder e-filing.

Massachusetts County Recorders

Looking to file/record a mechanics lien in Massachusetts? You'll need to get your Massachusetts mechanics lien filed and recorded with the county recorder in the county where the construction project is located. Here is a listing of all county recorders in Massachusetts. Click on any county to find more information about how to get your lien recorded in that county.

Barnstable Registry of Deeds
John F. Meade, Register
Barnstable, Massachusetts, 2630
phone: 508-362-7733
fax: 508-362-5065

Southern Berkshire District Registry of Deeds
334 Main St, Ste 2
Great Barrington, Massachusetts, 01230-1894
phone: 413-528-0146
fax: 413-528-6878

Registry of Deeds
11 Court St
Taunton,, Massachusetts, 2780
phone: 508-822-0502

Dukes County Registry of Deeds
81 Main St
Edgartown, Massachusetts, 2539
phone: (508) 627-4025

Southern Essex District - Registry of Deeds
Shetland Park - 45 Congress St, Suite 4100
Salem, MA, Massachusetts, 1970
phone: 978-542-1700

Franklin District Registry of Deeds
425 Main Street, PO Box 1495
Greenfield, Massachusetts, 01302-1495
phone: 413-772-0239
fax: 413-774-7150

Hampden Registry of Deeds
50 State Street
Springfield, Massachusetts, 1103
phone: 413-755-1722
fax: 413-731-8190

Registry of Deeds
208 Cambridge Street
Cambridge, Massachusetts, 2141
phone: (617) 679-6310

Registry of Deeds
16 Broad Street
Nantucket, Massachusetts, 2554
phone: 508-228-7250

Norfolk County Registry of Deeds
649 High Street
Dedham, Massachusetts, 2026
phone: 781-461-6101
fax: 781-326-4246

Plymouth Registry of Deeds
50 Obery Street
Plymouth, Massachusetts, 2360
phone: 508-830-9200

Suffolk Registry of Deeds
24 New Chardon Street
Boston, Massachusetts, 2114
phone: 617 788-6250

Worcester District Registry of Deeds
90 Front Street
Worcester, Massachusetts, 1608
phone: (508) 798-7717

Learn about Contractors near you in Massachusetts and How they Pay
Core & Main
Rating 5.0
Rating 5.0
CBRE Group
Rating 5.0
Brookfield Properties
Rating 5.0
See other Lists of Contractors and How to Best Work With Them

FAQs about Massachusetts Notice of Substantial Completion Form

Recent Questions & Answers About Massachusetts Notice of Completion
Checking of Landscaper is qualified to file Mechanics Lien?

We have a mechanics Lien filed on our property by a Landscaper who is not licensed in the City of Beverly Hills to operate. His...

Completion Definition

Hello, I have a question on "completion". Is completion the soonest of the four provided definitions? Projects are considered completed when one of the following...

Bay Area GC Needs to File Govt Claim to Recover Unpaid Sums - lawyer needed? Or alternative assistance available?

Bay Area GC kicked off public works job and needs to get paid (retention, unpaid scope work completed, and change orders). Is there an alternative...

Am I able to enforce a lien?

A notice of completion was filed on a project, but we continued to provide work after the NOC date - would we still have lien...

Can I re prelim a project once I have been notified that a Notice of Completion has been filed?

We are a material supplier and have received a notice of completion. The customer is telling us that they have a bunch of change order...

When initiating a Stop Notice does 30 days cover the whole project or just my portion?

Please answer ASAP, I am losing time to initiate a Stop Notice. I need to know if the 30 days cover the completion of the...

Ask an expert for free