South Dakota Notice of Intent to Lien Form

Download your
Notice of Intent to Lien Form

About South Dakota Notice of Intent to Lien Form

This Notice of Intent to Lien form can be downloaded and used to help speed up payment on a construction project in sd.

Even though sending a Notice of Intent to Lien is an optional (not required) step in the state of sd, they are frequently successful at producing payment (without having to take the next step of filing a lien). If a party is refusing to pay your claim or ignoring your phone calls, sending a Notice of Intent to Lien to that party, the prime contractor and/or the property owner can let them know you’re serious about collecting and prioritize your payment. No one wants to be forced to file a mechanics lien, and this document gives all of the parties involved one final chance to take care of the payment issues on a project.

This form advises the party that a lien will be filed if payment is not received within 10 days.

Since this is a non required document, you can deliver it electronically, or via mail. Sendinging documents via certified mail always adds another layer of professionalism to your payment practices.

By completing the form on the right you can download a free South Dakota Notice of Intent to Lien Form template that can be filled out with a PDF editor or by hand after printing. You can also use our Levelset document builder to send this document electronically for free. Use this template to easily deliver your notice of intent to lien document and get paid in the state of sd.

South Dakota Notice of Intent to Lien Form

Skip the hassle of sending a South Dakota Notice of Intent yourself.

We’re the Notice of Intent experts. With us it’s fast, easy, affordable, and done right!
mechanics lien county recorder e-filing.

South Dakota County Recorders

Looking to file/record a mechanics lien in South Dakota? You'll need to get your South Dakota mechanics lien filed and recorded with the county recorder in the county where the construction project is located. Here is a listing of all county recorders in South Dakota. Click on any county to find more information about how to get your lien recorded in that county.

ABERDEEN, South Dakota, 57401
phone: (605) 626-7140

Register of Deeds
200 East 4th Ave.
Mitchell, South Dakota, 57301
phone: (605) 995-8616

Turner County Register of Deeds
400 S Main
Parker, South Dakota, 57053
phone: (605) 297-3443

Register of Deeds
4304 4th Avenue
Selby, South Dakota, 57472
phone: (605) 649-7057

Yankton County Register of Deeds
321 W. Third St., Suite 205
Yankton, South Dakota, 57078
phone: (605) 260-4400, Ext 5

Learn about Contractors near you in South Dakota and How they Pay
Timm's Drywall
Rating 5.0
Payment Score
75 / 100
Hoogendoorn Construction Company
Rating 5.0
Payment Score
75 / 100
United States Department of Veterans Affairs
Rating 5.0
Payment Score
81 / 100
Legacy Builders (SD)
Rating 3.0
Payment Score
4 / 100
See other Lists of Contractors and How to Best Work With Them

FAQs about South Dakota Notice of Intent to Lien Form

Recent Questions & Answers About South Dakota Notice of Intent
Can I send an intent to lien?

I have a property management company that did not compensate us(the general contractor) for our services, but at the time we did not know about...

Can I still file a prelim?

I am a subcontractor that is currently working on a project that is upwards of $1 million. We have been on site for a little...

Can I file a lien without first send a letter of intent to lien?

Our company has not been paid in over 90 days for work performed and we would like to place a lien on a job. Is...

How can we sent a NOI for a progress draw on project?

How would we go about the paperwork if the total job is $100,000 but we've only billed $50,000 so far?

When does the "clock" start ticking for lien date filing?

When we are looking at our schedule on when to file liens, our time starts when we first begin work. Is this the correct sequence...

Can you assist me in what wording to put into our estimates?

I am a subcontractor working on residential projects. Can you assist me in what wording to put into our estimates on the bottom regarding a...

Ask an expert for free