Home>Levelset Community>Legal Help>I have no money at this time. How do I pay for your help

I have no money at this time. How do I pay for your help

GeorgiaRecovery Options

Independent subcontractor. Was an employee for EmergiPro of Cedartown geargia. He changed from employees to subcontractors. He refused to pay me for my work and will not allow me to finish my work.

2 replies

Nov 14, 2018
I'm sorry to hear about that. It's incredibly frustrating when someone refuses to pay workers what they have earned. One of the most powerful and cost-effective ways to compel payment is to file a mechanics lien. Unlike hiring a lawyer or filing a lawsuit, a mechanics lien can really be filed directly by the claimant for whatever amount the county filing fee entails - typically a few hundred dollars, at most. While not always necessary, a lien filing service (such as zlien's Retail service) will cost a little extra. Some claimants find that an even cheaper option has been effective - sending a Notice of Intent to Lien to the nonpaying customer, the property owner, and to any other up-the-chain party. A Notice of Intent to Lien is effective because it threatens that a mechanics lien filing will occur if payment isn't made and made fast. You can learn more about that document here: What Is a Notice of Intent to Lien and Should You Send One?. Further, zlien's Notice of Intent to Lien form can be downloaded for free here: Notice of Intent to Lien. Finally, before deciding whether a mechanics lien might be a viable option, it would likely be helpful to take a look at the following zlien resources: Georgia Mechanics Lien & Notice FAQs, and How To File A Georgia Mechanics Lien. Lastly, taking a claim to small claims court can be relatively cheap and efficient - though claims are limited to under $15,000 and small claims court can be risky.
0 people found this helpful
May 12, 2023

Play fnaf games!

The games on this website have eye-catching graphics, great effects and engaging gameplay. In particular, the plot of each game series is extremely attractive, especially the plot of the Five Nights At Freddy series. Mysterious stories always appear and have some connection in each version of the series. Therefore, the game attracts millions of players worldwide. You can not only relax with these games but also improve your reflexes, logical thinking and courage when performing each task in games with horror elements. You can play alone to test yourself or invite friends to experience the challenges together.

Report Spam