Please see below
This case is in MA. I hired a contractor W (S corp) to do the siding. The contractor W finished the job and I paid him in full. Later, 3 employees of this contractor each filed a lien on my property. I do not have direct contact with these 3 employees. I have below questions:
1. If the lien meets all the requirements and the case appears to court, do i have a defense to defeat the lien as i already paid the contractor in full amount?
2. The 3 employee filed the lien under M.G.L.c.254, &1 which is for labor. Are they still required to file preliminary notifications, such as notice of identification, notice of contract, and so on?
3. What they did was filed a lien called “sworn statement of amount due” with description of who are they, how much they were owned, property description in the lien. Is it enough and valid?
4. What are the deadlines for filed a lien under M.G.L.c. 254, &1 as labor?
5. If the attorney fees can be included in the case for both my side and the 3 employee if the case appears to court?
6. If the lien is invalid for some mistakes in the description, can i ask them to remove the lien otherwise i will sue them with asking they pay my attorney fees?
7. Who can decide the lien is valid or not, the judge?
Thank you so much for your time and help!!