my release

1 month ago
State: California

did you find a forclosure on this house?

Legal Associate Levelset
175 reviews

I’m not entirely sure what you’re referring to.

However, if you are looking to see if a foreclosure proceeding has been initiated on a piece of property, you can contact the county recorder’s office where the property is located. When a foreclosure action is initiated in the state of California, the claimant needs to file a notice of pendency under Cal. Civ. Code §8461 with the recorder’s office. The purpose of this notice is to make the public aware that there is pending litigation concerning the property.

Here is a list of California county recorder’s offices and their contact information.

Disclaimer: Disclaimer: NOTE. The information presented here is for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and should not be construed nor relied upon as such. Furthermore, this posting does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you need legal advice, seek the counsel of a licensed, local attorney.
Your answer or comment:
Are you a Registered Expert?
You are not logged in and will be posting
anonymously. Log in Now
Get answers from construction attorneys and payment experts
120 Character Limit