How can I get paid for the work I completed for my then landlord/homeowner and get our security deposit returned to us?

8 months ago

Can I still file a mechanics lien for construction work contracted to do via text and verbal agreement?
The job itself, only 2 phases of the 3 phases were completed. I stopped work as the homeowner/landlord refused to pay me/accept my invoice for about$3,500. This is last July of 2019 in Millcreek, Utah, before he had us ordered to vacate in 7 days by the Judge at the Occupancy Hearing.
We did vacate under duress, he has not returned our security deposit of $3,600 as well.
We have filed a counterclaim after the Occupancy Hearing.
Not sure of next step.
Thank You!


I’m hoping you have one for me

Your answer or comment:
Are you a Registered Expert?
You are not logged in and will be posting
anonymously. Log in Now
Get answers from construction attorneys and payment experts
120 Character Limit