Guide to filing construction documents in Greenup County, Kentucky

Contractors and suppliers working on a project within Greenup County should get familiar with the Greenup County Clerk. This is the office that records documents related to the property, including mechanics liens and notices.

This page contains all of the information construction businesses need to file liens and other documents with the Greenup County Clerk, including locations, hours, fees, form downloads, and more..

Levelset makes it even easier:
File a document now with the Greenup County Clerk in just a few clicks.

The mechanics lien rules in Kentucky can be complex. Before recording a lien in Greenup County, read Filing a Lien in Kentucky: A Step-by-Step Guide to make sure you understand the process, and common mistakes.

Download Greenup County Clerk Forms:

Lien FAQs for Greenup County

What types of documents can I file at the Greenup County Clerk?

This office records a variety of property-related documents, including:
Mechanics lien
Lien release
UCC lien
Lis pendens

Which office records mechanics liens in Greenup County, Kentucky?

Filing in person

Greenup County Clerk has 3 for recording mechanics liens and other property documents:

301 Main St
Greenup, Kentucky, 41144
Phone: (606) 473-7394

Hours of operation:
Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm (1st & 3rd Saturday only)

Other Locations
South Shore Branch:
69 Narco Drive
South Shore, KY, 41175
Phone: (606) 932-6564
Fax: (606) 932-3691
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm

Flatwoods Branch:
2513 Reed St. Suite 3
Flatwoods, KY, 41139
Phone: (606) 836-1944
Fax: (606) 836-1444
Hours Of Operation: Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm


File your lien electronically with Levelset now.

Who can file a lien in Greenup County?

If you provided labor or materials on a construction project located in Greenup County, Kentucky, then your mechanics lien should be filed here. However, every state has specific rules about who has the right to file a lien, including notice requirements and specific deadlines. To make sure you are allowed to file a lien, visit the Kentucky Mechanics Lien Guide & FAQ page.

What is the deadline to file a lien claim in Greenup County, Kentucky?

In Kentucky, your deadline to file a mechanics lien is dependent upon your role in the project. In general:
General contractors have 6 months to file a lien after the last day of providing labor or materials. Subcontractors and suppliers have 6 months to file after last day of providing labor or materials.

What are the Greenup County Clerk fees to file a lien?

Here are the costs to file a mechanics lien in Greenup County, Kentucky:
$46 for the first 5 pages; $3 for each additional page.

Recording offices do update their fee structure periodically. We recommend contacting the Greenup County Clerk to verify the recording costs, especially before mailing a document.

Visit the Greenup County Clerk fees page for the latest information.

What forms of payment are accepted at the Greenup County Clerk?

Greenup County Clerk accepts the following forms of payment:

Cash, Check (In-State), Money Order, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover Card.

How do I release a lien in Greenup County once I’ve been paid?

To cancel a lien previously recorded with the Greenup County Clerk, you will need to record a lien release.
Lien release fee:

How do I get copies of documents from the Greenup County Clerk?

In Greenup County, filed documents are public record. Copies of mechanics liens and other property documents are available upon request from the Greenup County Clerk.

In person

301 Main St, Greenup, KY 41144

By mail

PO Box 686, Greenup, KY 41144-0686


The Greenup County Clerk does not currently have an online resource for requesting document copies