Maine Claim on State Bond Form

Download your
Claim on State Bond Form

About Maine Claim on State Bond Form

On state projects, a claimant may protect its right to payment by filing a claim against the prime contractor’s bond by delivering notice of said claim.

Maine Claim on State Bond Form

Skip the hassle of filing a Maine Bond Claim yourself.

We’re the Bond Claim experts. With us it’s fast, easy, affordable, and done right!
mechanics lien county recorder e-filing.

Maine County Recorders

Looking to file/record a mechanics lien in Maine? You'll need to get your Maine mechanics lien filed and recorded with the county recorder in the county where the construction project is located. Here is a listing of all county recorders in Maine. Click on any county to find more information about how to get your lien recorded in that county.

Registry of Deeds
2 Turner Street, Unit 4
Auburn, Maine, 4210
phone: (207) 753-2500

Cumberland County Registry of Deeds (FedEx Address)
142 Federal St
Portland, Maine, 4101
phone: 207.871.8389

Franklin County Registry of Deeds
140 Main St.,Suite 5
Farmington, Maine, 4938
phone: 207-778-5889

Hancock County Registry of Deeds
50 State Street, Suite 9
Ellsworth, Maine, 4605
phone: (207) 667-8353

Lincoln County Registry of Deeds
32 High Street
Wiscasset, Maine, 4578
phone: (207) 882-7431
fax: (207) 882-4061

Penobscot Registry of Deeds
97 Hammond St #105
Bangor, Maine, 4401
phone: (207) 942-8797

Registry of Deeds
85 Court St
Machias, Maine, 4654
phone: 2072556512

Learn about Contractors near you in Maine and How they Pay
BL Harbert International
Rating 4.3
Payment Score
72 / 100
Robins & Morton
Rating 3.0
Payment Score
81 / 100
See other Lists of Contractors and How to Best Work With Them

FAQs about Maine Claim on State Bond Form

Recent Questions & Answers About Maine Bond Claim
File a lien, in addition to submitting a notice to lender?

The project owner (developer) is about to sell the project to a builder, and we want to ensure we are paid final. We have submitted...

Can a general contractor record a mechanic's lien on a time and materials contract where there was a cap on costs?

The general contractor and homeowner entered an agreement to remodel a house on a time and materials basis with a cost range built into the...

How can i receive payment on a court judgement

I received a judgement in my favor by the cook county courts judge, the honorable M. Barrett. I had a copy of the judgement recorded...

If I have already filed a lien and the customer wants to provide me with a partial payment, should I accept?

There is a lien in place, customer wants want to give me partial payment, if I accept will that forfeit the lien since the amount...

Do I have any options left regarding the Miller Act?

I did some work at a Naval yard for a first tier sub contractor. As the work progressed the sub contractor said that I was...

Can a GC with hold payment if a SN has been released?

We sent a SN release. The GC has not received it although the owner has. We have provided the GC with a PDF of said...

Ask an expert for free