What should I Do?


I haven't been paid on a job in Florida. I never filed a notice of commencement. I haven't worked on the job in 12 months. The general contractor holds a Payment and Performance Bond. Can I still file a bond claim on the payment and performance bond?

1 reply

Feb 17, 2021
Unfortunately, in Florida to perfect a proper lien or bond claim, you need to serve a notice to owner/contractor if you are not in privity of contract and then record a lien or send the notice of non-payment within 90 days of your final furnishing of labor, services and materials. You may still have a breach of contract, quantum meruit or unjust enrichment claim depending on the circumstances of the project.

Add your answer or comment

Not the answer you were looking for? Ask your own question