Home>Levelset Community>Legal Help>what should i do next

what should i do next


I'm a masonry construction contractor. We having issues with a refusal to pay balance of contract. I have filed a lien on property and now are receiving replies from his attorney.

4 replies

Mar 17, 2021

Good afternoon. I am very sorry to hear about your problems with getting paid. If you would like to give me a call, I can try to walk you through some options, including possibly retainining an attorney and/or filing a lawsuit. 440.695.8054.

Mar 17, 2021
Is the attorney challenging the validity of your lien? If your lien is valid, one option available to you is to foreclose on the lien. Feel free to reach out to me directly at to discuss.
Mar 23, 2021

It might be time to contact an attorney to represent you and try to negotiate payment. Otherwise, you may be served with a notice to commence suit, which would force you to file a foreclosure on the lien.


Amanda A. Barreto, Attorney at Law

Schneider Smeltz Spieth Bell LLP
1375 E. Ninth Street, Suite 900
Cleveland, Ohio 44114

216-535-1049 (d)

Jun 10, 2021

Would you please tell me in detail ,"How do you forclose on a lein in Ohio"?

I've been taking care of an abandoned property, next door to me, for years and I am tired of it.

What can I do to file a lein on the abandoned property for all my ongoing work on the property?
How do I forclose on the property? Steps and filings/procedures?
How long do I have to wait to forclose on the property?
What are the steps to take and what papers are needed? 

I have not one dime to give to an attorney with all I am paying on my home and the next door propert.
I now have to roof the next door home because the chimney fell off in a wind storm and stuck the chimney in the lower roof andmade a giant hole in the lower roof.
I have to patch it up... or my property value will plummett !
Please help me!


Add your answer or comment

Not the answer you were looking for? Check out other Lawsuit topics or ask your own question