Home>Levelset Community>Legal Help>What project type should I choose?

What project type should I choose?


We build hog buildings and I wasn't sure which project type I should for setting up my projects.

1 reply

Jun 21, 2019
That's an interesting question. First, I should mention that I'm not able to advise you on how to enter your project information into the Levelset platform. However, I can provide some general information on how construction projects are classified - and from there, you should be able to make your own determinations.

Generally, construction projects are only considered "residential" where some (human) residence is being built. Lien and notice rules sometimes change when a property being worked on is the residence of the owner who authorized the construction project, and those projects are often referred to as "owner-occupied residential projects". When something other than a residence is being constructed - like for a business or for agricultural use - those properties will not always be bound by the same rules of residential projects or residential projects occupied by the owner since they are more commercial in nature.

If a project is owned by the federal government or a state, county, or municipal entity, the rules for payment recovery will also vary quite a bit.

Add your answer or comment

Not the answer you were looking for? Ask your own question