Guide to filing construction documents in Klamath County, Oregon

Contractors and suppliers working on a project within Klamath County should get familiar with the Klamath County Clerk. This is the office that records documents related to the property, including mechanics liens and notices.

This page contains all of the information construction businesses need to file liens and other documents with the Klamath County Clerk, including locations, hours, fees, form downloads, and more..

Levelset makes it even easier:
File a document now with the Klamath County Clerk in just a few clicks.

The mechanics lien rules in Oregon can be complex. Before recording a lien in Klamath County, read Filing a Lien in Oregon: A Step-by-Step Guide to make sure you understand the process, and common mistakes.

Download Klamath County Clerk Forms:

Lien FAQs for Klamath County

What types of documents can I file at the Klamath County Clerk?

This office records a variety of property-related documents, including:
Mechanics lien
Lien release
UCC lien

Which office records mechanics liens in Klamath County, Oregon?

Filing in person

You can file your Clerk in person at the Klamath County Clerk's Office/Clerk / Elections Office, located at:
305 Main Street
Klamath Falls, Oregon, OR, 97601

Hours of operation:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Hours of Recording:
Hours of Recording: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm

If you need more information, you can call them at (541) 883-5134.


File your lien electronically with Levelset now.

Who can file a lien in Klamath County?

If you provided labor or materials on a construction project located in Klamath County, Oregon, then your mechanics lien should be filed here. However, every state has specific rules about who has the right to file a lien, including notice requirements and specific deadlines. To make sure you are allowed to file a lien, visit the Oregon Mechanics Lien Guide & FAQ page.

What is the deadline to file a lien claim in Klamath County, Oregon?

In Oregon, your deadline to file a mechanics lien is dependent upon your role in the project. In general:
General contractors have 75 days to file a lien after the date of last furnishing labor or materials, or completion of project (whichever is earlier). Subcontractors and suppliers have 75 days to file after date of last furnishing labor or materials, or completion of project (whichever is earlier).

What are the Klamath County Clerk fees to file a lien?

Here are the costs to file a mechanics lien in Klamath County, Oregon:
Mechanics Lien: $77.00 Each additional page of the same document is $5.00

Recording offices do update their fee structure periodically. We recommend contacting the Klamath County Clerk to verify the recording costs, especially before mailing a document.

Visit the Klamath County Clerk fees page for the latest information.

How do I release a lien in Klamath County once I’ve been paid?

To cancel a lien previously recorded with the Klamath County Clerk, you will need to record a lien release.
Lien release fee:

How do I get copies of documents from the Klamath County Clerk?

In Klamath County, filed documents are public record. Copies of mechanics liens and other property documents are available upon request from the Klamath County Clerk.

In person

305 Main Street, Klamath Falls, 97601


Certified copy: $7.75 (includes first 2 pages, location, & certification charges)