It’s common for contractors to request that waivers are notarized, and many people believe that some notices should be notarized, but when is notarization actually required? Also, can mistakenly notarizing a document invalidate it? Since getting a notary is a pain, you definitely don’t want to notarize anything unnecessarily.
This one-page overview will give you the answers to these questions, and more:
- When to get a document notarized
- Whether lien waivers and notices should be notarized
- Which states require notarized documents
- What the notarization policies are for preliminary notices and notices of intent
- Whether mechanics liens must be notarized
Protect yourself and your payment on every construction job by knowing when to get a document notarized.