This guide is geared towards accountants in the construction industry looking to learn the ins-and-outs of lien waivers. Waivers are extremely common payment process, and though they most commonly act as a receipt of funds, misunderstanding them can lead to non-payment.
This cheat sheet provides tips and smart practices for Accountants on lien waiver management to make sure you stay on top of your company’s waivers.
- What a lien waiver is and how it impacts your ability to get paid
- How lien waivers can increase visibility on a job
- Specific tips for A/P Managers and A/R managers to manage waivers with ease
- Tips for safe waiver practices to avoid financial risk
- Guidelines for which states require specific lien waiver forms and notarization