My purchase agreement with my supplier is governed by CA law. Supplier shipped some of my purchases to Oregon, where my project is located. Now I need a partial lien waiver from Supplier as my bank requested. Which state lien waiver form should I use? Oregon or CA?...Read More
My client wont pay me after more than 96% of his project completed. From first East he was trying to stay under $60k and he added $10100 which he admitted on his text message. Is there anyway you can help me with this matter. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon ...Read More
My company is a second tier contractor. The contractor has the typical pay when paid stipulation. This contractor is 120 days past due. At what point is a lien filed? Does it depend on invoice date or date of services?...Read More
I have agreed to a construction proposal for the repair of an unstable slope. The contractor replied to me by email that a construction contract would now be forthcoming as soon as possible. I have waited two weeks for the contract and have not received it. I have been working with this contractor on getting this project going for over two years getting all of the California State Board Approvals and a Local Building Permit. I know I could/should call the contractor and pin him down as to when I will get the contract and I will. I just want to be very careful about doing anything to give the contractor any reason to opt out as he is the only contractor in the state with experience performing the slope stabilization technique being used . I know, like many contractors, he is short of workers and has a tight schedule . Also because our Code says that work on a slope must be finished by Oct 14 (rainy season) there are time constraints....Read More
I am a subcontractor on this project even though I am a general contractor, I am only providing all the light gauge metal studs and all phases of the drywall including Exterior (Dens-glass) and interior on this particular project, it's a new build from the ground up, 5 stories 109 guest rooms. I was awarded the work as the GC knew I was from out of town, we allotted 6 months for this project from the time we started to the finish of our phases, based on the G.C.'S schedule and timetable for us.
This project had a lot of issues with the schedule to begin with due to COVID this was put on hold for about a year or more before it came back online and had a lot of issues out of the gate, but we were in constant communication with the project manager and job superintendent. And based our schedule, on the job schedule from the project manager (through building connected) and that communication, and due to being from out of town, it took us many months to find a place to stay for four people that would all be working on the project, for an extended amount of time again allotting 6 months for the project, so finding a place to stay for the duration of the project had to be done months before our part of the project started. We were scheduled to be on and start the project on May 23rd 2022 so we made sure that we were here and moved into the place we rented a week prior to that so we would be ready to start on the 23rd. We were scheduled to have 10 working days to do the exterior Dens glass, but due to issues on the project, and none that were our fault, the constant delays prevented that from happening, and stretched that out to about 5 plus months before we could complete that, and even now at this point, 6 months in (today is 11/25/22) we are still waiting for them to address some issues so we can actually complete the exterior. And now they want to change some things on the exterior. Anyway all that we have done on the interior is about 200 sheets of prelim work. So, I need to know if I can and how I can bill for the "extended general conditions" on this project. meaning, can I bill them for the cost of our stay these last six months? I have six months of rent on the house we rented as well as an Office/storage container on site. I also have a lot of flights/travel (driving back and forth) between Sacramento where we are based and live and this project in LA.
I am already trying to get them to approve my change orders on the material price increase since we first bid this 2 years ago, which they said wouldn't be an issue, but now it seems to be an issue, due to them changing management in the middle of this project.
We still have about 5-6 months to go on this project which will double our projected timetable/ cost that was again based on "their" the General contractor/owners job schedule, and should not have to pay that out of our pocket. Can I bill for and how do I fight to make sure that they cover these cost due to their delays? Thank you. ...Read More
We're a Contractor working with a housing property company. We're furnishing and installing unit pavers at each unit. There are multiple units. We're being issued POs for each of these units and the contract total is not yet known... Should we issue a Preliminary Notice for each unit or should we issue a Preliminary Notice for each batch of POs issued? The POs are all under one main contract. Note that each unit has its own address. This will end up being over a million dollars, so we're wanting to make sure we have all the correct information and we don't lose out on money should anything go sideways....Read More
I am a sub contractor working for a general contractor. I have a contract with the company for job #321. They ask me to do some extra work, but I do not get a contact. Can they hold retention on the amount due for the extras that are beyond the contract amount?...Read More