Home>Levelset Community>Legal Help>I have been paid almost half.

I have been paid almost half.

NebraskaMechanics LienNotice of Intent to LienRecovery Options

I need help with the notice ,how to file the paperwork and where to get the paperwork

1 reply

Oct 30, 2019
While I'm not totally sure what you're looking for, here are a few different notices and documents that might be helpful for recovering construction payments in Nebraska.

Notice of Intent to Lien

A mechanics lien is probably the most powerful tool available for those who perform construction work but go unpaid for that work. But, before jumping into a mechanics lien filing, merely threatening to file a lien can lead to payment. By sending a document like a Notice of Intent to Lien, a construction business shows the property owner and/or their customer that they're serious about getting paid. It acts like a warning shot - the notice informs recipients that if payment isn't made and made soon, then a mechanics lien filing will be the next step for recovering payment. Generally, the document is sent to the project's owner as well as any other higher-tiered parties that might intervene on the issue. More on the Notice of Intent here: What Is a Notice of Intent to Lien and Should You Send One? You can download a copy of the notice here, for free: Nebraska Notice of Intent to Lien Form.

Mechanics lien

As mentioned above, mechanics liens may the most powerful way to force your customer and the owner into making payment. They work in a number of ways to enforce payment (we counted 17), and due to their drastic nature, mechanics lien disputes are typically resolved before legal action becomes necessary. You can learn about the requirements associated with filing a Nebraska mechanics lien here: Nebraska Mechanics Lien Guide and FAQs. If you're looking for a little more instruction on how to file a Nebraska lien and need a template for that claim, this is a great resource: How to File a Nebraska Mechanics Lien - a Step by Step Guide.

Add your answer or comment

Not the answer you were looking for? Check out other Mechanics Lien topics or ask your own question