Do we have to, or should we, refile the Notice of Intent for the lesser amount?
Thanks, so if we amend it when we file the actual lien that will suffice. No need to answer unless incorrect.
Generally speaking, a CO Notice of Intent to Lien doesn't need to exactly match a subsequent mechanics lien claim. Certainly, it's best practice to ensure those documents closely match each other, to the extent possible. However, relatively minor discrepancies between the two documents shouldn't render a Notice of Intent ineffective - particularly when the amount on the subsequent mechanics lien is going down (rather than going up).
To the extent that there is plenty of time to send a new, revised Notice of Intent to Lien prior to pursuing a lien claim, and to the extent the claimant is willing to wait another 10+ days - it might make sense for a concerned claimant to go ahead and resend an NOI to make sure everything lines up perfectly. But I'm not sure that's necessary.
Thanks, that's great information.