Home>Levelset Community>Legal Help>Subcontract lein in MA

Subcontract lein in MA


Under §2B of the Massachusetts lien statute, a Notice of Termination must be filed by an owner if a party has been terminated prior to the filing or recording of notice of substantial completion. Where would I file this notice? Is there a template or is this just an official notice from my company with letterhead? Also, how does a contractor prove what is owed and what is not when their invoices and contract are not specific.

1 reply

Dec 13, 2017
This notice is filed in the registry of deeds in the county where the project is located. zlien does not currently have a template for this document, but we're adding new products nearly every day. For now, the Massachusetts lien statute provides a form that may be followed. Also, keep in mind that there are specific requirements for sending the Notice of Termination - the form and requirements can be found at the following URL:
0 people found this helpful