Need to make sure all paperwork has been filed properly.
Have a General Contractor and Sub Contractor not paying us on job Texas Gun Experience. I have been doing everything in my power to not lien the project. The deadline for the lien is in 6 days. Jan 15th. The GC said if we don’t agree to the $6500 that we can lien the job but she will bond around us and then send us the fees and back charge us. I need to know if we have our ducks in a row if we decide not to settle. We currently have this project in collections and invoices are back to June. We have to pay for the collections fee and we asked the GC to include the fees in with the agreement of settling for $6500.00. She asked for the invoice and we provided that for her but in my email I had the incorrect amount the bill was actually $975 I thought it was $796.73 Difference of $178.27. She got nasty and said since I gave her 2 different amounts she was only paying the $6500. It was an error on my part I thought the collections fee was based off of the write off amount but it actually is the amount that was settled. I have no issue eating the difference but the GC decided to not pay period accept the $6500 take it or leave it. I told her I was caught in the middle and I am trying my best not to lien the project. She then sent an email stating since I threaten to lien the project we had to accept the $6500 or she will bond around us and bill us the fees. She also said she is only liable for the last bill of Sept. $1923.75 because we were suppose to file the lien between Oct-Dec. Levelset says we are in date range and have 6 days. I basically need to know where we stand with the situation. I am new and feel like a fish out of water. Thank you!