We had a mechanics lien put on a property we did work on in 2016. We never received funds or heard from the builder until about 6 months ago we got a call from an escrow company. They said that the house was sold and that the builder put money in an account to pay the lien. they said we could go to their office and pick up a check. When we went to do that they said im sorry the builder is disputing the payment and until they hear from him they are not releasing the payment. After several attempts of them trying to get a hold of the builder and us they could not get a hold of him. At this point (6 months later) they are still holding our money waiting to hear from him and have already funded the loan and the people moved in. Not sure what we can do at this point?