Home>Levelset Community>Legal Help>how to fill out waiver form

how to fill out waiver form

UtahLien Waivers

I'm not sure what i put for property name? is that the job site i will be doing ? or the company that will pay me for the job i will be doing for them? also invoice/ payment application number ?is that the number i got from the state for the waiver

4 replies

Jul 3, 2019
That's a great question. Sections 38-1a-802(4)(b) and (c) of the Utah Code set out the requirements for Utah lien waivers, including statutory forms for those waivers. Those statutory forms call for the "Property Name" of the project property where lien rights are being waived. Unfortunately, though, the statute doesn't provide any more insight into exactly what would constitute the name of the property. So, what might constitute the "property name" isn't exactly set in stone.

That being said, using a common nickname for the property, or using something that's descriptive enough to identify the property should probably do the trick. If it's a commercial job, it should be relatively easy to come up with a nickname that's used to identify the property. For residences, including the name of the owner of the property might be helpful. But, if you're truly uncertain as to what to put in the blank, it might also be helpful to reach out to the customer and/or the property owner to see about what how they might identify the property in shorthand.

I hope that was helpful! For more information on Utah lien waivers, here's a great resource: Utah Lien Waiver Overview.
Feb 7, 2020
Hi I need help with filling out a waiver for probate do you have instruction on how to fill out or recommendations
Mar 16, 2021
Filled my waiver whit my wife and children
Mar 16, 2021
What king papers I needed to filled my immigration case,my wife and children

Add your answer or comment

Not the answer you were looking for? Check out other Lien Waivers topics or ask your own question