Home Improvement


I advanced contractor $1,500 for work and materials. He is billing me for materials and refuses to give me itemized receipts from Home Depot. I believe his amounts are fraudulent and refuses to share actual receipts as he promised to do. He told me my invoice from him is the amount I owe him. Feel I was over charged $500. He started a drywall project he said he cannot complete. He dropped off a check drawn on an inactive company in Florida for only $181.00 with a note on the back of the check,”cashing this ck concludes all business”. How do I demand these two receipts? I have asked him twice for the receipts and he told me he cant give me something he does not have. I checked with Home Depot and they told me that they can print copies of receipts within 180 days. I verified and confirmed with another contractor and he agreed with me that I was overcharged approximately $600. How do I proceed to get receipts and honesty from this person? I am a single, senior citizen homeowner trying to complete a renovation in my family room due to water damage. Please advise. Dont think he is licensed in CT.

2 replies

Feb 2, 2021

While you may have a claim, this is a very small amount of money. It would cost more to hire an attorney to review this claim than the claim itself, please be careful out there, and make sure to protect yourself in writing. Verbal communications do very little. 

0 people found this helpful
Jun 13, 2023

Great question! I think home improvement is a great way to add value to your property and make your living space more comfortable. As for , I've heard great things about their services and their ability to bring creative and innovative ideas to any home improvement project. It's always important to do your research and choose a reputable company for any home improvement needs. Thanks for bringing this up!

Report Spam