We have a contract with a client for bathroom remodel. All is going smoothly, delayed a bit due to polar vortex weather, waiting on tile delivery, client decisions but all good until client is not happy with thickness of grout line from tub to first tile. We explained why that needed to happen, to save the integrity of their niches. Client is heated and they want to discuss how to move forward privately, we told them the only option at this point is to rip out and retile. Client comes back and wants to “cut ties”. We tell them that we will mutually release from the contract if they pay the rest of the labor fee (with a 5% discount for work not completed, even though they are refusing us to complete it) as well as reimburse us for materials (receipts provided) and city permit costs paid by our company. They are refusing to pay stating that the final labor pay is due when work is completed, however they are refusing to let us complete it. Do we have grounds for a lien? We just want what our contract states and to be paid for the 95% of work completed and materials/permit purchased.