Home>Levelset Community>Legal Help>Can I take my bank to small claims court over 3k in fraud charges?

Can I take my bank to small claims court over 3k in fraud charges?

CaliforniaBack ChargesCollectionsCredit Management

Hello, I had over 3k worth of fraud on my account with chase bank so I withdrew all my money from that bank while they were investigating it, they gave me credit back but later withdrew it all and my bank went negative the amount they owed me. I called them and they said I had to make a police report but sadly all this happened right as I was moving to Mexico so I couldn’t go make the police report in person. 3 years later I moved back to Californian and called to have it resolved to see if I still needed to have a police respite filled and they said there is nothing they can do and the money went to collection, can I take them to small claims court to get my money back? I didn’t make the charges, it’s my money they owe me and it’s affecting my credit now.

1 reply

Jun 1, 2023
Sorry to hear about your financial troubles. However, this is not a construction law issue, nor is this construction lien website the place where you should be seeking help for this kind of issue. It may be better for you to privately contact a California lawyer who specializes in personal finance and banking law. 
0 people found this helpful