Home>Levelset Community>Legal Help>Can I amend a complaint I filed against a contractor and his bond?

Can I amend a complaint I filed against a contractor and his bond?

WashingtonBond Claims

I followed the instructions from L&I’s website and filed a summons and complaint for breach of contract against a contractor who took a large deposit, disappeared for 6 months and will not respond or refund our money. After I filed the complaint and researching I realized I didn’t include all the required info on the complaint. For example, i did not include the GC’s middle name but is included on the L&I registration. I did not include his registration effective date or bond effective date. I also was did not include the details of the case, like why he owes us money, the contract we signed or exhibits such as copies of the checks he cashed or letters we sent terminating him. It has been more than 20 days. The GC has not responded but the bond company did file a notice of appearance and sent us a letter to us asking for details. Can I file an amended complaint to include the info I should have included in the first place?

2 replies

Sep 23, 2022
Yes you may amend the complaint and under CR 15 ( linked below) you will need to set a motion to amend, which may be granted.
Sep 23, 2022
Yes, you can.

Add your answer or comment

Not the answer you were looking for? Check out other Bond Claims topics or ask your own question