Iowa Notice of Request for Early Release of Retainage Form

Download your
Notice of Request for Early Release of Retainage Form

About Iowa Notice of Request for Early Release of Retainage Form

In Iowa, a contractor may request the early release of retainage on a public project. However, notice must first be sent to all known subcontractors and suppliers informing them of the contractor’s request at least 10 days before the contractor requests for the early release of retained funds.

Iowa Notice of Request for Early Release of Retainage Form

Skip the hassle of sending a Iowa Notice of Request for Early Release of Retainage Form yourself.

We’re the Retainage experts. With us it’s fast, easy, affordable, and done right!
Mechanics lien county recorder e-filing

Iowa County Recorders

Looking to file/record a mechanics lien in Iowa? You'll need to get your Iowa mechanics lien filed and recorded with the county recorder in the county where the construction project is located. Here is a listing of all county recorders in Iowa. Click on any county to find more information about how to get your lien recorded in that county.

Allamakee County Clerk of Court
PO BOX 248
Waukon, Iowa, 52172
phone: 563 568 6351

Secretary of State
321 E 12th St First Floor, Lucas Building
Des Moines, Iowa, 50319
phone: 515-281-5204

Clerk of District Court
PO BOX 2510
Iowa City, Iowa, 52244
phone: 3193566060

Clerk of Court
Marshall County Courts Courthouse 1 East Main Street
Marshalltown, Iowa, 50158
phone: (641) 754-6355

Plymouth Register of Deeds Attn: Recording desk
50 Obery st
Plymouth, Iowa, 2360
phone: 5088309200

Polk County Recorder
111 Court Avenue Suite 250
Des Moines, Iowa, 50309-2251
phone: 515-286-3160

Scott County Recorder's Office
600 W. 4th St.
Davenport, IA, Iowa, 52801-1030
phone: 563-326-8621

Shelby County Clerk of Court
P.O. Box 431
Harlan, Iowa, 51537
phone: (712) 755-5543

Clerk of Court
701 Central Ave
Fort Dodge, Iowa, 50501
phone: 515-576-7115

Learn about Contractors near you in Iowa and How they Pay
Rating 5.0
Rating 5.0
Rating 5.0
Graham Construction Company
Rating 5.0
See other Lists of Contractors and How to Best Work With Them

FAQs about Iowa Notice of Request for Early Release of Retainage Form

Recent Questions & Answers About Iowa Retainage
I was contacted by the attorney for the my previous client that hasn't paid me anything. They sent a letter to counter

I did a house in Vero Beach Fl and the homeowner did not pay me so I put a lien on her house after she didn't pay. I tried to work with her and help her out with her living needs which she also signed a contract as a caretaker. She still didn't pay me so I sent a lien on her house for non...

Can an owner occupy a building prior to releasing full retention?

On a project that I'm working on, our scope of work has been complete since July of 2021 and the building has been occupied for roughly a year. We still haven't seen retention payment for this project. When do owners/GC's need to pay retention?

Release of retainage even though we have lien on property?

We have a project here in Davidson County / Nashville that we have filed a lien on for non-payment. Today the contractor sent over a lien waiver and a consent of surety to release retainage, whereas we are still awaiting payment on 2 progress payments. I think this is a ploy for the owner to side...

We want to file a law suit against the owner

I'm a subcontractor on a job called Gayley which has filed BK . We have filed a lien but want to sue the owner. We are completed with the project and are owed $102,651.99 for retention. Can we hire your company to sue them?

Is there a max retainage allowed for projects under $3m in Mass? I know the max is 5% for contracts over $3m.

Subcontractor working on jobs in Mass with contract value under $3 million

File a lien for a contractor

I’m a subcontractor working for post construction cleaning, me and my team finished on may 30th 2022, they require the key to access the building, they refused in July to pay me complete they offer 1/3 of the amount, now I’m trying to get my money and they said that I own money to them

Ask an expert for free

Construction attorneys: Courtney Stricklen, Christopher Ng, Andrea Goldman, and Peter Ryan