Filing a mechanics lien in Garfield County

If you’re trying to record a mechanics lien or construction notice in Garfield County, Oklahoma, you’re in the right place. On this page, you’ll find contact information for the Garfield County Clerk, document rules, delivery requirements, fees, payment methods, and more.

Want to file faster?
You can easily record a document with the Garfield County Clerk in just a few clicks.
File your lien now.

Before you file a lien in Garfield County, read How to File a Lien in Oklahoma for a step-by-step guide to the process and requirements.

Types of documents recorded in this office:
Mechanics lien
Lien release
UCC lien

Download Garfield County Clerk Forms:

Lien FAQs for Garfield County

Where do I file a mechanics lien in Garfield County, Oklahoma?

You can file your Clerk in person at the Garfield County Register of DeedsGarfield County Courthouse, located at:
114 W Broadway, Room 105
Enid, Oklahoma, 73701

Hours of operation:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm

Hours of Recording:
Hours of Recording: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm

If you need more information, you can call them at (580) 237-0226.


File your lien electronically with Levelset now

Can I file a mechanics lien in Garfield County, Oklahoma?

Generally, anyone who provides labor or materials to a construction project has the right to file a mechanics lien in Oklahoma. If the project property was located in Garfield County, then the lien must be filed with the Garfield County Clerk, regardless of where you or your company are located. But whether or not you have the right to file a lien will depend on a number of factors, including your position on the payment chain, whether you sent the required notices, and whether the deadline has passed.

To learn more about the requirements and deadlines, visit the Oklahoma Mechanics Lien Guide & FAQ page.

When is the deadline to file a lien in Garfield County?

In Garfield County, Oklahoma, your deadline to file a mechanics lien is dependent upon your role in the project. General contractors have 4 months to file a lien after the last furnishing labor or materials. Subcontractors and suppliers have 90 days to file.

How much does it cost to file a lien in Garfield County?

Currently, the cost to file a lien with the Garfield County Clerk is as follows:
First page $8.00Preservation fee $10.00Each additional page $2.00

Costs change periodically.

Visit the Garfield County Clerk fees page for the latest information.

How do I release or cancel a lien with the Garfield County Clerk?

To cancel a lien that you previously recorded in Garfield County, you will need to file a lien release. The fee is $10.00.

A mechanics lien is typically canceled after the claim has been paid, or when the lien expires.

How can I get a copy of a lien or other document recorded in Garfield County?

The Garfield County Clerk maintains a record of all property documents, including mechanics liens and certain construction notices. You can obtain either a certified or conformed copy of a document. Related: What type of document copy do you need?

In person

114 W Broadway, Room 105Enid, 73701


Certified copy: $2.00 per page

Do preliminary notices need to be recorded in Garfield County?

The Garfield County Clerk accepts preliminary notices for recording. However, while you can file a preliminary notice, it’s not necessarily required.

How do I record a Notice of Completion in Garfield County?

You can file a Notice of Completion with the Garfield County Clerk.

Top Payment Experts & Services in Garfield to help you File Your Oklahoma Mechanics Lien.

Featured Lien Filing Service
Lien Filing Service
Learn Who are the Fast Paying and Slow Paying Contractors in Oklahoma
J and K Construction
Rating 5.0
Payment Score
75 / 100
Public Storage Facility Services
Rating 5.0
Payment Score
94 / 100
Ashton Gray LLC
Rating 5.0
Payment Score
39 / 100
Coca Cola Company
Rating 5.0
Payment Score
77 / 100
See other Lists of Contractors and How to Best Work With Them