Guide to filing construction documents in Pontotoc County, Oklahoma

Contractors and suppliers working on a project within Pontotoc County should get familiar with the Pontotoc County Clerk. This is the office that records documents related to the property, including mechanics liens and notices.

This page contains all of the information construction businesses need to file liens and other documents with the Pontotoc County Clerk, including locations, hours, fees, form downloads, and more..

Levelset makes it even easier:
File a document now with the Pontotoc County Clerk in just a few clicks.

The mechanics lien rules in Oklahoma can be complex. Before recording a lien in Pontotoc County, read Filing a Lien in Oklahoma: A Step-by-Step Guide to make sure you understand the process, and common mistakes.

Download Pontotoc County Clerk Forms:

Lien FAQs for Pontotoc County

What types of documents can I file at the Pontotoc County Clerk?

This office records a variety of property-related documents, including:
Mechanics lien
Lien release
UCC lien

Which office records mechanics liens in Pontotoc County, Oklahoma?

Filing in person

You can file your Clerk in person at the Pontotoc County Clerk, located at:
301 S. Broadway
Ada, Oklahoma, OK, 74820

Hours of operation:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm

If you need more information, you can call them at (580) 436-5613
(580) 332-1425.


File your lien electronically with Levelset now.

Who can file a lien in Pontotoc County?

If you provided labor or materials on a construction project located in Pontotoc County, Oklahoma, then your mechanics lien should be filed here. However, every state has specific rules about who has the right to file a lien, including notice requirements and specific deadlines. To make sure you are allowed to file a lien, visit the Oklahoma Mechanics Lien Guide & FAQ page.

What is the deadline to file a lien claim in Pontotoc County, Oklahoma?

In Oklahoma, your deadline to file a mechanics lien is dependent upon your role in the project. In general:
General contractors have 4 months to file a lien after the last furnishing labor or materials. Subcontractors and suppliers have 90 days to file after last furnishing labor or materials.

What are the Pontotoc County Clerk fees to file a lien?

Here are the costs to file a mechanics lien in Pontotoc County, Oklahoma:
Mechanics and Materialmen's Liens: $20 Each additional page: $2 Notices: $8

Recording offices do update their fee structure periodically. We recommend contacting the Pontotoc County Clerk to verify the recording costs, especially before mailing a document.

Visit the Pontotoc County Clerk fees page for the latest information.

How do I release a lien in Pontotoc County once I’ve been paid?

To cancel a lien previously recorded with the Pontotoc County Clerk, you will need to record a lien release.
Lien release fee:

How do I get copies of documents from the Pontotoc County Clerk?

In Pontotoc County, filed documents are public record. Copies of mechanics liens and other property documents are available upon request from the Pontotoc County Clerk.

In person

301 S. Broadway, Ada, 74820


Certified copy: $1 per page