Guide to filing construction documents in Payne County, Oklahoma

Contractors and suppliers working on a project within Payne County should get familiar with the Payne County Clerk. This is the office that records documents related to the property, including mechanics liens and notices.

This page contains all of the information construction businesses need to file liens and other documents with the Payne County Clerk, including locations, hours, fees, form downloads, and more..

Levelset makes it even easier:
File a document now with the Payne County Clerk in just a few clicks.

The mechanics lien rules in Oklahoma can be complex. Before recording a lien in Payne County, read Filing a Lien in Oklahoma: A Step-by-Step Guide to make sure you understand the process, and common mistakes.

Download Payne County Clerk Forms:

Lien FAQs for Payne County

What types of documents can I file at the Payne County Clerk?

This office records a variety of property-related documents, including:
Mechanics lien
Lien release
UCC lien

Which office records mechanics liens in Payne County, Oklahoma?

Filing in person

You can file your Clerk in person at the Payne County Clerk's Office, located at:
315 West 6th Ave, Ste. 202
Stillwater, Oklahoma, OK, 74074

Hours of operation:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

If you need more information, you can call them at (405) 747-8310.


File your lien electronically with Levelset now.

Who can file a lien in Payne County?

If you provided labor or materials on a construction project located in Payne County, Oklahoma, then your mechanics lien should be filed here. However, every state has specific rules about who has the right to file a lien, including notice requirements and specific deadlines. To make sure you are allowed to file a lien, visit the Oklahoma Mechanics Lien Guide & FAQ page.

What is the deadline to file a lien claim in Payne County, Oklahoma?

In Oklahoma, your deadline to file a mechanics lien is dependent upon your role in the project. In general:
General contractors have 4 months to file a lien after the last furnishing labor or materials. Subcontractors and suppliers have 90 days to file after last furnishing labor or materials.

What are the Payne County Clerk fees to file a lien?

Here are the costs to file a mechanics lien in Payne County, Oklahoma:
Recording mechanics and Material men’s lien: $20.00 Recording each additional page to lien: $2.00

Recording offices do update their fee structure periodically. We recommend contacting the Payne County Clerk to verify the recording costs, especially before mailing a document.

Visit the Payne County Clerk fees page for the latest information.

How do I release a lien in Payne County once I’ve been paid?

To cancel a lien previously recorded with the Payne County Clerk, you will need to record a lien release.

How do I get copies of documents from the Payne County Clerk?

In Payne County, filed documents are public record. Copies of mechanics liens and other property documents are available upon request from the Payne County Clerk.

In person

315 West 6th Ave, Ste. 202, Stillwater, 74074


Certified copy: $1 per page