Minnesota Notice of Claim on Payment Bond Form

Download your
Notice of Claim on Payment Bond Form

About Minnesota Notice of Claim on Payment Bond Form

This Minnesota Bond Claim form should be filed when a party is unpaid on a public construction project. Mechanics liens are not available on state, county, or municipal projects, so bond claims are the appropriate remedy. This specific form is for bond claimants in Minnesota and must be sent to the general contractor and the surety.

Contractors, subcontractors, and material suppliers can file a claim against the project’s payment bond no later than 120 days from the claimant’s last date of furnishing labor and/or materials to the project. Filing a bond claim is an effective way to secure payment.

Complete the form on the right to download your free Minnesota Bond Claim form template that can be filled out with a PDF editor or by hand after printing. Use this template to easily file a bond claim on a public construction project in the state of Minnesota.

Learn more: Minnesota Bond Claim Guide & FAQs


Skip the hassle of sending a Minnesota Notice of Claim on Payment Bond Form yourself.

We’re the Bond Claim experts. With us it’s fast, easy, affordable, and done right!
Mechanics lien county recorder e-filing

Minnesota County Recorders

Looking to file/record a mechanics lien in Minnesota? You'll need to get your Minnesota mechanics lien filed and recorded with the county recorder in the county where the construction project is located. Here is a listing of all county recorders in Minnesota. Click on any county to find more information about how to get your lien recorded in that county.

Cass County Recorder
303 Minnesota Avenue W
Walker, Minnesota, 56484
phone: 2185477381

Chisago County Recorder
313 N. Main St. Room 277
Center City, Minnesota, 55012
phone: 651-213-8580

Clay County Recorder
807 11th St. N
Moorhead, Minnesota, 56560
phone: 218-299-5031

Crow Wing
Crow Wing County Recorder
326 Laurel St. Suite 11
Brainerd, Minnesota, 56401
phone: (218) 824-1280

Dakota County
1590 Hwy 55
Hastings, Minnesota, 55033
phone: 651.438.4355

Dodge County Recorder
721 Main Street North
Mantorville, Minnesota, 55955
phone: 507-635-6250

Goodhue County Recorder
509 W. 5th St.
Red Wing, Minnesota, 55066
phone: 651-385-3152

Hubbard County Recorder
301 Court Avenue
Park Rapids, Minnesota, 56470
phone: 218-732-3552

Kandiyohi County Recorder
400 Benson Ave SW
Willmar, Minnesota, 56201
phone: (320) 231-6223

Recorder's Office
715 4th Street
International Falls, Minnesota, 56649
phone: 218-283-1193

Lake of the Woods
The Lake of the Woods County Recorder
206 8th Ave SE
Baudette, Minnesota, 56623
phone: (218) 634-1902

Le Sueur
Le Sueur County Recorder's Office
88 South Park Avenue
Le Center, Minnesota, 56057
phone: (507) 357-2251

Nicollet County Recorder
501 South Minnesota Ave
Saint Peter, Minnesota, 56082
phone: (507) 934-7322

Pennington County Recorder
101 Main Ave N
Thief River Falls, Minnesota, 56701
phone: (218) 683-7027

Renville County Recorder
500 E. DePue Ave. Suite 203
Olivia, Minnesota, 56277
phone: 320-523-3669

Rice County Recorder
320 3rd St NW #10
Faribault, Minnesota, 55021

St Louis
st louis county recorder
100 north 5th ave w room 101
duluth, Minnesota, 55802

Washington County Recorder
14949 62nd St N
Stillwater, Minnesota, 55082
phone: (651) 430-6755

Wright County Recorder
10 Second St. NW
Buffalo, Minnesota, 55313
phone: (763) 682-7357

Want to Learn More about How Minnesota Contractors Pay?
D.R. Horton
Rating 5.0
Core & Main
Rating 5.0
Nor-Son Construction
Rating 5.0
Revolution Design and Build
Rating 5.0
See other Lists of Contractors and How to Best Work With Them

FAQs about Minnesota Notice of Claim on Payment Bond Form

Recent Questions & Answers About Minnesota Bond Claim
Do we cash and accept these terms for our final release of payments? We are still wanting to charge a lien fee.

We filed a bond lien on a new school build and had set forth the expectations that if we had to file a lien, we would charge an additional fee of $1,500.00 and a monthly interest rate of 1.5%. Do we sign and return the final lien waiver for payment and then petition the court for the additional fee...

Re-File Bond Claim

Filed a Bond Claim on a General Contractor for a public project. We supplied materials for an upgrade to a Waste Water Treatment Plant in Minnesota. The initial Bond Claim was filed on February 2021. The General Contractor made a payment and agreed to pay the balance. Therefore, we filed a...

If a subcontractor is working on a bonded state project in MN, is the GC required to share Surety information with the subcontractor so the subcontractor can file a claim?

The subcontractor was providing landscaping and drainage along a newly installed city bridge. There are several previous pay applications that have not paid. The subcontractor has filed a claim on the bond and requested the Surety information, but the GC will not provide them. It doesn't seem right...

Ask an expert for free

Construction attorneys: Courtney Stricklen, Christopher Ng, Andrea Goldman, and Peter Ryan