Mechanics lien rights and construction notice requirements differ greatly from state to state, and North Carolina is no exception. If you are working on a construction project in North Carolina, make sure to download this free one page fact sheet. Each state’s lien & notice fact sheet explains who can file a mechanics lien on private construction projects in North Carolina and how to secure your right to file a lien.
This free download includes a preliminary notice template and a proof of service template while answering questions such as:
- Who can file a mechanics lien in North Carolina?
- Is a preliminary notice required in North Carolina?
- When is the notice deadline in North Carolina?
- Who should receive notice in North Carolina?
- How do you send your notice in North Carolina?