Preliminary Notice Service
Notice Services Info
- At A Glance
FAQs about Prelim Notice Services
Deciding on a preliminary notice service can be difficult. Different solutions will pitch you. Here are some FAQs to help you make the right decision for your company.
Review of Best Prelim Services
We've compiled a review of the 10 best preliminary notice services across the country. Look through these reviews, ratings, and overview, and compare companies to Levelset.
Do it with Levelset
Join thousands of contractors and suppliers across the country who get help from Levelset with preliminary notices (and more!). We'll take notices off your plate, and you'll always know it's done right.
Preliminary notice services help contractors and suppliers research job information, prepare and mail construction notices, and keep track of all mailings and evidence of delivery.
Business owners, administrators, and financial professionals in construction will often encounter preliminary notice tasks. And it’s smart for them to look at available options that will make the notice process easier, and importantly, will free them up to do other more productive tasks.
When looking at “pre-lien services,” you’ll have many options, and will encounter all kinds of different companies and services offering help. You’ll be pitched by local, regional, and national providers; by mom & pop operations and full corporations; by law firms, collection agencies, “lien & notice services,” and software tools. And you’ll find price points are all over the place.
Don’t get too overwhelmed. This guide will help you understand all the differences, what kind of questions you should ask in the buying process, and how to evaluate the players. Keep in mind that there are real differences between the varies service providers, and it’s important that your company find the best fit. Getting this wrong can cause a bit of heartache in the future.
The good news is that you can get a lot of value from a lien & notice service provider.
First, you can get value by taking a ton of tasks and follow-up items off your mind. Contractors and suppliers have a lot on their plate when it comes to preliminary notices. Here are just a few things:
- Researching prelim requirements, and rule details;
- Collecting & verifying project information;
- Preparing preliminary notice documents and forms;
- Keeping track of notice deadlines (and lien deadlines!);
- Mailing the notices;
- Keeping track of certified mail tracking numbers;
- Managing returned mail and re-sending notices;
- Having good document retention practices for notices.
Second, you can get a lot of value in payment speed and payment certainty by improving your processes. Since managing preliminary notices in-house can be so tedious and time-consuming, it’s extremely common for companies to sometimes not get around to it on a certain job…and that comes back to bite them! Finding a construction notice solution to rely upon will help immediately with this — because it will always get done. But, beyond that, here are a few other ways notice services can get you paid faster and more frequently:
- Professional & well-designed notice documents (which great notice solutions will provide to you) protect your rights and improve your relationships;
- Tying together your preliminary notices process with the lien waiver & payment application process will make payments more streamlined (and faster!);
- Having resources on-hand to address slow payment situations will allow you to react fast to any issues that arise.
While going through this guide, the frequently asked questions and other information, keep asking yourself: What do you want to get out of a preliminary notice service?