Who is the best fit for us from your list?

9 months ago

Good Afternoon, we are located in Benson NC and have a Customer in Pembroke NC that is not paying a large sum of money. Which firm would you recommend for us? This was a Design Build Job completed at cost plus 20%. Customer was given a copy of all of our vendor invoices.

President Rauch-Milliken International, Inc.
14 reviews

Good afternoon, I would recommend a certified commercial collection agency that is a member of the Commercial Collection Agencies of America who is licensed and bonded in NC.  My firm is a chartered member licensed in NC and I would be happy to give you a contingency fee quote if you would like to email me some information about the debt to srauch@rauchmilliken.com .  All the best on getting your account resolved.  Steve Rauch

1 found this helpful
Senior Legal Associate Levelset
472 reviews

Levelset has Construction Payment Experts in just about every state that are available to answer construction law and construction payment questions. At the moment – it looks like Melissa Brumback of Ragsdale Liggett is the only North Carolina attorney active on the Expert Center, so reaching out to her might be a good start for finding a North Carolina construction lawyer. Of course, there are other sites online – such as Avvo or FindLaw– which can help to find the right construction lawyer in North Carolina.

Also, keep in mind that a lawyer won’t be necessary for every construction dispute. Often, pursuing payment via collections, invoice reminders, demand letters, Notices of Intent to Lien, or even a mechanics lien filing can be effective to recover payment. Granted, some situations will require a construction lawyer to aid in recovery.

Disclaimer: The information presented here is not legal advice and should not be construed as such. Rather, this content is provided for informational purposes. Do not act on this information as if it is advice. Further, this post does not create any attorney-client relationship. If you do need legal advice, seek the help of a local attorney.
Your answer or comment:
Are you a Registered Expert?
You are not logged in and will be posting
anonymously. Log in Now
Get answers from construction attorneys and payment experts
120 Character Limit