submit a waiver to release lien on my property

1 week ago

I’m an owner and have I have a waiver from my contractor that I’d like to submit to release lien on my property

Legal Associate Levelset
34 reviews

Under Florida mechanics lien law, a lien can be discharged/released by the lien claimant, that’s because the claimant’s signature is required on the release form. The process is relatively similar to filing the mechanics lien itself. To release the claim, the lienholder simply needs to file a Discharge of Mechanics Lien in the county clerk’s office where the original lien was filed.

A free, downloadable FL Discharge of Mechanics Lien form can be downloaded here.

Disclaimer: Disclaimer: NOTE. The information presented here is for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and should not be construed nor relied upon as such. Furthermore, this posting does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you need legal advice, seek the counsel of a licensed, local attorney.
Your answer or comment:
Are you a Registered Expert?
You are not logged in and will be posting
anonymously. Log in Now
Get answers from construction attorneys and payment experts
120 Character Limit