Home>Levelset Community>Legal Help>Id like to file lien on a california property

Id like to file lien on a california property


Hello, I have a renter/part owner that stopped paying rent. Its been 2 years, how can I file a lien on the property? Thank you

1 reply

Jan 16, 2019
I'm sorry to hear you've been going unpaid! However, this sounds like it's a little outside of our wheelhouse at the Construction Legal Center. While we regularly discuss mechanics liens, such liens are only available for construction work that has been performed but unpaid. While some other type of lien might be appropriate, that's beyond our expertise. There are some other online resources that could be of use, though! For example, provides a resource where individuals can ask a legal question and receive attorney answers on a broad variety of topics. Good luck!
0 people found this helpful