Home>Levelset Community>Legal Help>HOW CAN I ENFORCE A LIEN


CaliforniaMechanics Lien

I need to enforce a lien.

1 reply

Nov 29, 2022
To enforce a mechanic’s lien, you must file a lawsuit to foreclose the lien within 90 days of the recording date of the lien. This assumes your mechanic’s lien was timely and properly recorded, and that you served the owner with a valid Preliminary Notice if you were not the general contractor. Because lawsuits can be expensive, you will want to review whether or not the amount of the lien will justify the expense of the lawsuit. You can’t perfect a lawsuit in Small Claims Court. It must be done in Superior Court. I’m happy to answer any questions you have about this.
0 people found this helpful

Add your answer or comment

Not the answer you were looking for? Check out other Mechanics Lien topics or ask your own question